Categories
CAN ChangeAgents'Network Conference Uncategorized

CAN 2021 hosted by Keele University

Logo of Keele UniversityKeele University’s Institute of Innovation and Teaching Excellence, supported by Jisc, is delighted to be hosting the 2021 Change agents’ network (CAN) conference. This will be the 8th CAN conference and builds on the successful past co-hosted events celebrating student-staff partnership working.

The 2021 event will take place on the 1st June – 4th June 2021 and will be hosted virtually. The conference theme is Adapting to Change: Student-Centred Success

In a constantly changing and uncertain world, the way educational organisations continually engage with their students and wider partners is crucial in shaping the learning experience. The conference uncovers how both proactive and reactive initiatives have shaped the student experience including the digital aspects.

This provides an opportunity to showcase, through the use of practical examples, how partnership working and innovative practice has been embedded throughout the student experience. A core focus is on how students, universities, colleges and civic partners have been involved in the development and co-design process.

“I am delighted that this initiative between KIITE and Jisc; especially given the focus on staff and student contributions. There is so much that we can learn from the experience of the pandemic and it is important that we do this in collaboration and this conference is a wonderful opportunity to do that”
Professor Helen O’Sullivan, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education, Keele University

We welcome conference presentations on the following sub-themes:
• Collaboration with the student voice
• Fostering digital wellbeing
• Engaging a diverse student body
• Overcoming barriers to education: Covid19 and beyond
• Sustainable change
• Fostering a civic curriculum

Proposal Format
Presenters can submit a proposal for a narrated 15-minute presentation, a digital poster presentation and accompanying narration, 20-30-minute live interactive session or a narrated 5-minute lightning presentation.

To make your submission, please complete the linked proposal form by 15th February 2021.

Submit your abstract by completing the following form: CAN 2021 Abstract Submission Form (opens in a new window)

If you have any queries relating to the conference or submitting a proposal, please contact e.a.lancaster@keele.ac.uk

We look forward to your submissions and to an exciting event.