We are delighted to announce the launch of the new SEDA accredited Jisc Institutional Change Leader award. This award supports staff and students working in partnership on curriculum innovation projects in UK further education and skills and higher education. It supports those about to undertake change agency work as well as those who have already started and it can also help staff and students to gain recognition for previous work. The award is supported by course mentors and hosted by Jisc’s Change Agent Networks’ VLE using Moodle.
The criteria for eligibility for the award are:
i) Staff and student working together in partnership on a change agent project funded by an institution or sector organisation;
ii) Staff and student working together in partnership on a university (HE) or college (FE) institutional change agent project;
iii) Member of staff supporting a student change agent project;
iv) Student undertaking a change agent project within their institution.
The course comprises of two modules:
• Module 1 is formative and provides information and knowledge around effective partnership work and change leadership. This is an online module in Moodle.
• Module 2 is assessed by portfolio and should be taken whilst completing a change project (unless being completed to gain recognition for prior work) and is linked to project planning, evaluation and professional development.
Benefits of the award include:
● The course is free as Jisc is currently funding the costs through the Change Agents’ Network project
● Develops confidence and motivation for identifying, planning, undertaking and evaluating enhancement activities in partnership with staff and students
● Develops a range of professional and personal skills eg. communication and project planning/evaluation; leadership, management, negotiation, persuasion and stakeholder engagement as well as capabilities such as thinking independently, analytically and creatively and engaging imaginatively with new areas of investigation
● Opportunities for networking, peer support and collaboration
● Opportunities for developing digital literacies
● Opportunities for recognising personal and professional development needs and celebrating success
● Provides a recognised award that supplements CPD or degree awards and will enhance employability and job prospects.
To register for the award please visit https://survey.jisc.ac.uk/canseda1 and the course will commence on Monday 2nd March 2015 with an online induction at 10 am in Blackboard Collaborate and complete on Friday 5 June 2015. The course will run again from late September 2015.
If you would like more information about the course, please email: Dr Mark Kerrigan (Mark.Kerrigan@anglia.ac.uk), from Anglia Ruskin University, who is leading the course on behalf of Jisc and see the recent Jisc news release.